Transportation

Transportation
Briana

Yuri Performing

Yuri Performing
The Entire Crew Gets Down

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

OPENING

I started a completely new painting today. I am changing my approach drastically. I'm actually thinking of the paintings not so much as elaborately detailed narrative pieces, but rather as a group of abstractions. Sure, they tell
a story but they also have a certain look or similar color sensibility. They concern themselves with an urban sensibility so obviously there are more greys(concrete and pavement.) There's a certain grittiness to them as well.
The individuating ego is a common theme throughout all my work. There's
also the quality of "factor X," the unknown,the unexplainable and the "I dunno."
The first painting of 2011 is almost complete. It's entitled "Opening."

No comments:

Post a Comment